OpenSSL Extends Feedback on Draft Mission & Values Statement
sorangutan last edited by
OpenSSL would like to thank everyone who has provided feedback on our draft mission & values statement. The response has been great, and the feedback is really important to us. We are working through those responses.
We’d like to get even more feedback so we are extending the response period until 19th May 2023. If you haven’t already provided feedback to us, please do so by:
As a small incentive we will be randomly selecting 10 responders out of everyone who has provided feedback and the lucky ones will receive an OpenSSL T-shirt. (Yes this includes those who have already responded to us).
Once finalised, we intend to realign all activities of the project to ensure they reflect our agreed mission and values.
We look forward to your input.
- Anton Arapov
- Matt Caswell
- Mark Cox
- Paul Dale
- Tamara Dale
- Tim Hudson
- Hugo Landau
- Richard Levitte
- Ales Marecek
- Tomas Mraz
Draft Mission Statement
We believe everyone should have access to security and privacy tools, whoever they are, wherever they are or whatever their personal beliefs are, as a fundamental human right.
- We believe all our communities are important.
- We believe in the principles of open source software, not only for its inherent values but also for the transparency and accountability it provides to our security and privacy tools.
- We believe in behaving in a manner that fosters trust and confidence.
- We believe that our governance and output should be transparent and open.
- We believe that no Government, Organisation or Individual should have undue influence over the delivery of our mission.
© Lightnetics 2023