Happy Birthday to NetApp HCI

•  

NetApp® HCI launched one year ago, and if you were at VMworld this week, you got to participate in the celebration.

NetApp HCI is designed to deliberately not follow the pack. The design recognizes that the market demand requires a disruptive HCI technology that integrates compute and storage, coupled with deep virtual machine integration in an innovative way, but that alone was not enough. The market is also demanding an HCI solution that offers:

• Independent scale of compute and storage in different capacities. “My requirements are not linear, I need to grow on my terms.”
    • Control of service quality and consumption at the most granular level. “Not all of my workloads are equal, I need control over consumption.”
    • Deliver a multi-hybrid cloud experience . “Please give me the choice and flexibility to manage, share, and protect data in any cloud to enable my own data fabric.”
    • Simplicity and automation through virtualization. “I want simple, easy management and analysis of my workloads. I want my team to stop having to manage the physical infrastructure.”
    • Easy consumption. “Our department must be service catalog driven, with point-and-click provisioning. We have to put control in the hands of the consumer.”

Since the successful launch, customers have recognized the value of NetApp HCI in the market. We have seen adoption across EMEA, and the world, in a wide range of vertical industries – healthcare, finance, telecoms, service providers, entertainment, and manufacturing.

The comments that we have received from these customers reflect the business value of this disruptive design of NetApp HCI. They point to things such as:

• Easy and quick implementation and provisioning
    • Managing VMs, not Infrastructure
    • Performance predictability for mixed workloads
    • Gives us the ability to consolidate many different workloads
    • We’re focused on virtualization and reducing the cost of managing infrastructure
    • Integration with Microsoft cloud and NetApp HCI gives us new options and choices
    • Consolidate multiple workloads on one platform and operate it through VMware
    • Growing compute and storage independently helps accelerate new applications

You can clearly see the common themes derived from the unique value that NetApp HCI brings. This value was recently recognized by Forrester, a leading industry analyst, in The Forrester Wave: Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Q3 2018.

Here are two NetApp HCI success stories that give you a full picture of the benefits of NetApp HCI in action:

Imperva

“The solution enables us to address quality of service at the storage and individual disk level, which is key to our operations.” — Roman Podlisk, Imperva Director of Operations

Coca Cola

“Everything within our data centers – SQL, Exchange, SAP, databases – integrates into HCI, and system management is automated and simple. For us, it was set it and forget it.” — Luciano Ludwig, Senior IT Systems Solution Architect, CBC

Want to see how you can get the best of the public cloud in your data center with the help of NetApp HCI? Then download this IDC White Paper, sponsored by NetApp, “The Evolution of Hyperconvergence and NetApp’s Role in this Rapidly Expanding Market.”

The post Happy Birthday to NetApp HCI appeared first on NetApp Blog.

https://blog.netapp.com/happy-birthday-to-netapp-hci/

© Lightnetics 2024