Get Your Hands Dirty at NetApp Insight 2018

• Hands-on Labs | NetApp Insight

NetApp Insight 2018 is around the corner and it is sure to be another great event. One of the highlights of the conference for me are the Hands-On Labs. I had some influence on the first iteration of the labs. Several years ago, I wrote the 7-Mode MultiStore labs with vFilers that we offered at the conference. NetApp was way ahead of its time with cloud-like functions before there was cloud, and we trained Insight attendees using their own laptop with USB sticks and a bloated Linux virtual machine running ONTAP instances and Operations Manager (now OCUM). We had a lot of laptop and hypervisor troubleshooting with all different types of laptops. The NetApp lab team saved the day when it created an Insight lab environment, which has grown into a huge value and learning center for attendees.

You could easily spend the entire conference just in the labs. If the time slot you are looking at is full, show up anyway and you likely will get in on standby (Pro Tip: the same is true for the certification exams). You get to choose any lab, work at your own pace, and ask for help from any of the proctors in the room. Learn about flash, object storage, hybrid cloud, HCI, and everything in between. You also get to play with several hypervisor options as well as emerging technologies that match your own environment. The labs are very instructive, helping you learn about the technology and guiding you every step of the way. The PDF lab guides are also very good for future reference, and can be used even without the lab.

Want to learn how to setup Cloud Volumes and CloudSync? Looking to find out how you can manage and backup/restore Exchange, SQL, Oracle, HyperV, and vSphere data? Curious about SRM? Want to try out NetApp products like E-Series, HCI, and SolidFire, or even OnCommand Unified Manager, Insight, or Performance Manager?

Get to the NetApp Insight and sign up for the Hands-On Labs! I heard there might even be puppies?? You’ll need to go to Insight to find out!

For more information visit insight.netapp.com/hands-on-lab and save the dates: October 22-24 in Las Vegas and December 3-5 in Barcelona.

The post Get Your Hands Dirty at NetApp Insight 2018 appeared first on NetApp Blog.

https://blog.netapp.com/get-your-hands-dirty-at-netapp-insight-2018/

© Lightnetics 2024