“Dear Boss, I want to attend OpenStack Summit Sydney”

• Want to attend the OpenStack Summit Sydney but need help with the right words for getting your trip approved? While we won’t write the whole thing for you, here’s a template to get you going. It’s up to you to decide how the Summit will help your team, but with free workshops and trainings, technical sessions, strategy talks and the opportunity to meet thousands of likeminded Stackers, we don’t think you’ll have a hard time finding an answer.

Dear [Boss],

I would like to attend the OpenStack Summit in Sydney, November 6-8, 2017. The OpenStack Summit is the largest conference for the open source cloud platform OpenStack, and the only one where I can get free OpenStack training, learn how to contribute code upstream to the project, and meet with other users to learn how they’ve been using OpenStack in production. The Summit is an opportunity for me to bring back knowledge about [Why you want to attend! What are you hoping to learn? What would benefit your team?] and share it with our team, while helping us get to know similar OpenStack-minded teams from around the world.

Companies like Commonwealth Bank, Tencent and American Airlines will be presenting, and technical sessions will demonstrate how teams are integrating other open source projects, like Kubernetes with OpenStack, to optimize their infrastructure. I’ll also be able to give Project Teams feedback about OpenStack so our user needs can be incorporated into upcoming software releases.

You can browse past Summit content at openstack.org/videos to see a sample of the conference talks.

The OpenStack Summit is the opportunity for me to expand my OpenStack knowledge, network and skills. Thanks for considering my request.

[Your Name]

Learn more about the Summit and register at openstack.org/summit/sydney-2017/

https://www.openstack.org/blog/2017/10/dear-boss-i-want-to-attend-openstack-summit-sydney/

© Lightnetics 2024