Meet the Grafana Labs Team: Dominik Prokop

• As Grafana Labs continues to grow, we’d like you to get to know the team members who are building the cool stuff you’re using. Check out our latest Friday team profile.

Meet Dominik!

Name: Dominik Prokop

Dominik Prokop
    Grafana Labs Developer Dominik Prokop

Current location/time zone: I’m based in the capital of Poland, Warsaw (CEST).

What do you do at Grafana Labs? I work as a frontend engineer, focused primarily on React migration and @grafana/ui, but I’m also involved in Explore.

What open source projects do you contribute to? Grafana is my first experience being deeply engaged in the open source community. And since it’s such a complex product, it’s hard to make yourself an active contibutor in another one. :) But I’m always happy to contribute by reporting issues and bug fixes.

What are your GitHub and Twitter handles? It’s dprokop on Github and @prokopd on Twitter (but I’m far from being a legitimate Twitter user ;)).

What do you like to do in your free time? I love photography, trying to keep my Fuji camera & 35mm lens always with me. I’m also interested in architecture and interior design. And, during weekends, I like to put an apron on and bake some cake!

What’s your favourite new gadget or tech toy? Being minimalist (or essentialist), I’m very far from chasing all the new tech toys that pop up everyday. But, after spending some time arranging my new apartment recently, I fell in love with the Sonoff basic smart switch, which is an insanely cheap way of making your home, well, smarter. :)

What’s the last thing you binge-watched? Street Food documentary series by David Gelb on Netflix. Every foodie’s must-see!

Do you like to code in silence, with music or ambient noise on your headphones, or with people talking around you? It really depends on the day, but working remotely, mostly from home, silence is my friend. :) And when it gets too silent I turn some techno, ambient, or piano music on (Nils Frahm, oh boy, he’s so good) and keep on crunching!

https://grafana.com/blog/2019/06/07/meet-the-grafana-labs-team-dominik-prokop/

© Lightnetics 2024