Meet the Grafana Labs Team: Andrej Ocenas

• As Grafana Labs continues to grow, we’d like you to get to know the team members who are building the cool stuff you’re using. Check out our latest Friday team profile.

Meet Andrej!

Name: Andrej Ocenas

Andrej Ocenas
    Grafana Labs Developer Andrej Ocenas

Current location/time zone:

Bratislava, Slovakia, so UTC+1 (+2 in summer).

What do you do at Grafana Labs?

I am a fullstack developer. Right now I work mainly on backend, but otherwise I do a lot of React and frontend stuff.

What open source projects do you contribute to?

Right now mainly Grafana, which probably isn’t very surprising. Before I did not work that much on open source. I tried to contribute wherever I could and whenever I had time, which usually meant some fixes in things like the React animation library and some iOS Swift/Object-C stuff.

What are your GitHub and Twitter handles?

On Github, aocenas. On Twitter, I am @aocenas, but I never use it as I always found it a bit confusing.

What do you like to do in your free time?

My biggest hobby right now is snowboarding, and close second would be buying snowboarding gear. I probably watched more snowboarding gear reviews lately than I am comfortable to admit. :D So if anybody needs help deciding what to buy, I could probably help. Otherwise I try to exercise as much as I can, and I try to figure out how to eat healthy without putting too much time into cooking. I like to read, mainly sci-fi books, and I love Audible as it allows me to listen to books while doing other boring stuff.

What’s the last thing you binge-watched?

Love, Death & Robots on Netflix, and I can recommend it. I love this kind of sci-fi anthology series.

Which Avenger are you?

Probably Bruce Banner, but specifically as seen in Avengers: Infinity War, where he could not change into Hulk. :D

https://grafana.com/blog/2019/05/10/meet-the-grafana-labs-team-andrej-ocenas/

© Lightnetics 2024