NEW – Machine Learning algorithms and model packages now available in AWS Marketplace

• At AWS, our mission is to put machine learning in the hands of every developer. That’s why in 2017 we launched Amazon SageMaker. Since then it has become one of the fastest growing services in AWS history, used by thousands of customers globally. Customers using Amazon SageMaker can use optimized algorithms offered in Amazon SageMaker, to run fully-managed MXNet, TensorFlow, PyTorch, and Chainer algorithms, or bring their own algorithms and models. When it comes to building their own machine learning model, many customers spend significant time developing algorithms and models that are solutions to problems that have already been solved.

Introducing Machine Learning in AWS Marketplace

I am pleased to announce the new Machine Learning category of products offered by AWS Marketplace, which includes over 150+ algorithms and model packages, with more coming every day. AWS Marketplace offers a tailored selection for vertical industries like retail (35 products), media (19 products), manufacturing (17 products), HCLS (15 products), and more. Customers can find solutions to critical use cases like breast cancer prediction, lymphoma classifications, hospital readmissions, loan risk prediction, vehicle recognition, retail localizer, botnet attack detection, automotive telematics, motion detection, demand forecasting, and speech recognition.

Customers can search and browse a list of algorithms and model packages in AWS Marketplace. Once customers have subscribed to a machine learning solution, they can deploy it directly from the SageMaker console, a Jupyter Notebook, the SageMaker SDK, or the AWS CLI. Amazon SageMaker protects buyers data by employing security measures such as static scans, network isolation, and runtime monitoring.

The intellectual property of sellers on the AWS Marketplace is protected by encrypting the algorithms and model package artifacts in transit and at rest, using secure (SSL) connections for communications, and ensuring role based access for deployment of artifacts. AWS provides a secure way for the sellers to monetize their work with a frictionless self-service process to publish their algorithms and model packages.

Machine Learning category in Action

Having tried to build my own models in the past, I sure am excited about this feature. After browsing through the available algorithms and model packages from AWS Marketplace, I’ve decided to try the Deep Vision vehicle recognition model, published by Deep Vision AI. This model will allow us to identify the make, model and type of car from a set of uploaded images. You could use this model for insurance claims, online car sales, and vehicle identification in your business.

I continue to subscribe and accept the default options of recommended instance type and region. I read and accept the subscription contract, and I am ready to get started with our model.

My subscription is listed in the Amazon SageMaker console and is ready to use. Deploying the model with Amazon SageMaker is the same as any other model package, I complete the steps in this guide to create and deploy our endpoint.

With our endpoint deployed I can start asking the model questions. In this case I will be using a single image of a car; the model is trained to detect the model, maker, and year information from any angle. First, I will start off with a Volvo XC70 and see what results I get:

Results:

{'result': [{'mmy': {'make': 'Volvo', 'score': 0.97, 'model': 'Xc70', 'year': '2016-2016'}, 'bbox': {'top': 146, 'left': 50, 'right': 1596, 'bottom': 813}, 'View': 'Front Left View'}]}

My model has detected the make, model and year correctly for the supplied image. I was recently on holiday in the UK and stayed with a relative who had a McLaren 570s supercar. The thought that crossed my mind as the gulf-wing doors opened for the first time and I was about to be sitting in the car, was how much it would cost for the insurance excess if things went wrong! Quite apt for our use case today.

Results:

{'result': [{'mmy': {'make': 'Mclaren', 'score': 0.95, 'model': '570S', 'year': '2016-2017'}, 'bbox': {'top': 195, 'left': 126, 'right': 757, 'bottom': 494}, 'View': 'Front Right View'}]}

The score (0.95) measures how confident the model is that the result is right. The range of the score is 0.0 to 1.0. My score is extremely accurate for the McLaren car, with the make, model and year all correct. Impressive results for a relatively rare type of car on the road. I test a few more cars given to me by the launch team who are excitedly looking over my shoulder and now it’s time to wrap up.

Within ten minutes, I have been able to choose a model package, deploy an endpoint and accurately detect the make, model and year of vehicles, with no data scientists, expensive GPU’s for training or writing any code. You can be sure I will be subscribing to a whole lot more of these models from AWS Marketplace throughout re:Invent week and trying to solve other use cases in less than 15 minutes!

Access for the machine learning category in AWS Marketplace can be achieved through the Amazon SageMaker console, or directly through AWS Marketplace itself. Once an algorithm or model has been successfully subscribed to, it is accessible via the console, SDK, and AWS CLI. Algorithms and models from the AWS Marketplace can be deployed just like any other model or algorithm, by selecting the AWS Marketplace option as your package source. Once you have chosen an algorithm or model, you can deploy it to Amazon SageMaker by following this guide.

Availability & Pricing

Customers pay a subscription fee for the use of an algorithm or model package and the AWS resource fee. AWS Marketplace provides a consolidated monthly bill for all purchased subscriptions.

At launch, AWS Marketplace for Machine Learning includes algorithms and models from Deep Vision AI Inc, Knowledgent, RocketML, Sensifai, Cloudwick Technologies, Persistent Systems, Modjoul, H2Oai Inc, Figure Eight [Crowdflower], Intel Corporation, AWS Gluon Model Zoos, and more with new sellers being added regularly. If you are interested in selling machine learning algorithms and model packages, please reach out to [email protected].

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/AmazonWebServicesBlog/~3/cWYcZPihZeA/

© Lightnetics 2024